Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sunday School Picnic

We recently attended our church's Sunday School picnic. We held it at a local park. It was an afternoon of good old-fashioned fun!

Rebekah and Les participated in the three-legged race. They did pretty well together despite the height difference. I think they may have come in last but that's okay - as the youngest (and maybe the oldest) participants out there the fact that they didn't fall was pretty good! :) lol
After the three legged race was the race in the burlap sacks. (I'm sure there is a name for it but it is escaping me right now!) Rebekah tried hard but she and the other 3/4 year olds had the same problem where they would jump but not move their sack so eventually they would just about jump right out of their sack. I do have some fun video of it but at this time I can't figure out how to put it up here. (I used to have a nifty little button that said "Add video" that I would hit but it has gone and I dont' know how to do it anymore. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear from you!)
 

After that we played tug-a-war. I took pictures, Les anchored one end with Rebekah's help...



...and Lizzie coached everyone along making sure everyone did their share! lol



After games and eating our fill the big excitement was watching the fish. The fish are very used to being fed at this dock so if they see anyone up on the dock they will come right up - literally hundreds of them. Which is great for them if they are just being fed...not so great if it's a fisherman!



It's been so wonderful to be outside - I'm trying to enjoy each day but as I keep adding items to my calendar it just reminds how quickly these summer days go and before you know it winter will be here!!!

Hope you are all able to get out and enjoy the sun - soak up that Vitamin D! :) lol

1 comment:

Missie said...

Looks like it was a lot fun!