Sunday, January 10, 2010

Menu Plan Monday



It's time again for my Menu for the week. I hope you made some time to check out her website. Be careful though - it could make you lose hours of your day!

First let me tell you about the recipes from last week. I made three new ones and they all were pretty good. The chicken parmesan bundles were my husband's favorite. They took a lot more work than any of the others but it was worth it. They were pretty yummy. I'm not a big spinach person and this had a little too much in it for me. I think next time I would not use the whole box - would still get the benefits of the spinach but the taste wouldn't be quite so strong.

The tortilla pie was awesome and I can see it being a common fixture on here. I used turkey meat instead of beef to help make it a little healthier (but then used sour cream and avocado as garnishes). I used tomatoes with green chili's to give it the Mexican taste but I think it would be just as good with Italian tomatoes for that Italian taste.

The salmon was the biggest surprise for me though. It was good! And that's huge as I don't like salmon. I know I should, I know it's healthy but I just have never, ever liked it. My MIL made a dish once that was okay but this was down right good. Will for sure make this again. The Citrus relish was super yummy. Elizabeth ate that. She wasn't so sure about the salmon but ate that right up! :) This is a relative easy dish that presents fancy!

For next week we are having:

Tuesday - Easy Baked Cheese and Vegetable Twist (I've made this before. It's a yummy, chilly night food. May serve with soup. I don't add mushrooms or tomatoes but do add in some turkey and maybe some carrots for more veggies.)
Wednesday - Awana night
Thursday - Taco Salad
Friday - Spicy Garlic Chicken (I use the box as a starter but we have found that it comes with a lot of sauce so I always add more veggies - water chestnuts, green peppers, red peppers, carrots and broccoli. It ends up doubling the amount of food almost without adding many calories or fat. I also will often make brown rice instead of the normal white rice if I am feeling healthy!) 
Saturday - quiche I have used this recipe many, many times. Super quick and easy. I have done many variations of it - one of our favorites is broccoli with colby jack cheese. Be creative! :)
Sunday - Chicken in the crockpot

Hope you all have a good week!

No comments: